Indian Style - Walnut Palm Cake Recipe
A wonderful cake that can easily tantalize your taste buds is a Walnut Palm Cake. Gather the simple and fine ingredients, such as fresh walnuts, butter, vanilla, sugar and eggs and learn how to make the most easiest and tastiest Walnut Palm Cake at home.
Despite being very low in fat it has a lovely light, moist texture, thanks to the dried dates, and makes a pleasant alternative to a conventional fruited cake. It’s delightfully easy to make, and keeps well too.
1 cup butter
2 tsp vanilla
3 cup sugar
3 cup flour
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup shortening
How to make walnut palm cake:
- In a bowl beat the butter and the shortening very thoroughly till the mixture is creamy.
- Then add sugar 1/2 cup at a time and beat till very light.
- Now add eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Now add 2 cups flour alternately with milk and vanilla.
- Finely add 1 cup flour containing salt and baking powder.
- Add in the finely chopped walnuts.
- Pour this mixture in a pan which has been lightly greased and flour.
- Bake this pan in cold oven on middle shelf and turn on the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Let the pan baked for 1 1/4 hour and then take out the pan from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan on wire rack.