Yummy Apple Roly-Poly Recipe - Recipes For Kids
Baked Apple Roly Poly recipe
Apple Roly Poly
Apple Roly-Poly Recipe
Restourent Style apple roly-poly recipe
This recipe was made by my grandmother Many Times in the 50's. She was bought up in Jarradale, a timber town near Perth. I Really Love This Sweet Dish and Also Hope That You Too.
Ingredients For Apple Roly-Poly Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and coarsely shredded (about 5 cups)
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
How To Make Apple Roly-Poly Recipe
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening and butter until crumbly. Add sour cream and blend until a ball forms.
- Roll out on a floured surface into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with softened butter; sprinkle with remaining filling ingredients.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 12 slices. Place slices, cut side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- For topping, combine water, brown sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in the cream.
- Carefully pour hot topping over dumplings. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until bubbly. (Center will jiggle when dumplings are hot out of the oven but will set as dumplings stand for a few minutes.)
- Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.