Yummy Apple Pie Recipe - Healthy Recipes Corner
This apple pie is a classic, from the scrumptious filling to the flaky pastry crust. It is homemade goodness at its very best.
Ingredients For Apple Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 to 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg white
- Additional sugar
How to Make Apple Pie Recipe
- In a small bowl, combine the sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with apple mixture; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Beat egg white until foamy; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Incoming Search From:-
Apple Pie Recipe
apple pie recipe
apple pie recipe jamie oliver
easy apple pie recipe
apple pie jamie oliver
apple pie crust
how to make apple pie
dutch apple pie
eggless apple pie recipe
Cinnamon Crumble Apple Pie Recipe
Old-Fashioned Apple Pie Recipe