Spicy Baingan Sabji (Recipe) - Rajasthani Saag Recipes
Ingredients for Baingan Recipes
- 1 large eggplant cut into slices
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 dried red chili
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp oil
- whole spice mix
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp nigella seed
- ½ tsp fenugreek seed
- ½ tsp carom seed
How To Make Spicy Baingan Sabji
- In a non stick wok add 2 tbsp oil. Fry the eggplants in batches till they are cooked through and lightly golden brown in color.
- Remove them and keep it aside.
- In the same wok add the remaining 2 tbsp oil.
- Add the whole spices along with dried red chilies.
- Sauté for a minute. Once they are aromatic add the chopped onion and fry on a low flame for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for another 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and mix well. Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes are mushy add the coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook covered till the spices starts separating oil. This will take around 5 –10 minutes. Sprinkle a little water if the spice mixture starts sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the fried eggplants along with garam masala powder and dry mango powder.
- Mix well till the eggplants are coated with the spice mixture. Adjust the salt if needed.
- Garnish with chopped chilies and lemon juice.
- Serve it with hot Phulkas