Kerala style Recipe - Egg Masala
Ingredients for Indian Egg Masala
- 2 eggs boiled
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 green chili
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp tamarind paste
- 6 curry leaves
- ½ tsp shredded coconut ( coconut powder will do as well)
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
How to Make Egg Masala in Kerala Types
- In a non stick wok heat 1 tbsp oil. Fry the eggs till lightly brow. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same wok add the remaining oil and heat it. Add the mustard seeds and fennel seeds. Sauté till it crackles.
- To this add the onions, green chili and curry leaves. Fry till the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- To this add the coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and salt. Sauté for a minute and add the tomatoes. Add a splash of water and mix well.
- Cook till the tomatoes are soft and mushy. Add the shredded coconut and tamarind paste. Mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Add the boiled eggs and toss it lightly.
- Serve hot with appams
- Serve it hot with appam, dosa or roti.