Irachi pidi Recipes - Kozhi Pidi Indian Recipes
For pidi/ dumplings
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1 - 1 1/2 cup
- Shallots - 3-4
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Grated coccnut - 1/2 cup
For chicken masala
- Boneless chicken - 250 gm
- Onion - 2( finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 small( finely chopped )
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Ginger -garlic paste - 1 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala or chicken masala - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- coriander leaves
- Green chillies - 1 or 2
For coconut gravy
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Whole garam masala ( small piece of cinnamon, one clove, one cardamom, one bay leaf )
- Thin coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Thick coconut milk - 1/4 cup
Method - How To Make Irachi pidi Recipes
Making of Pidi
- In a bowl take the rice flour, add salt, boiling water and make a dough.
- In a Mixie make a course paste of grated coconut, shallots and fennel seeds.
- Add the paste to dough and mix well, knead and make a smooth dough.
- Take a small ball of the dough( 1 tsp ) and roll it into a ball and gently press it down and make an impression in the middle with the thumb.
Steam it for 10 minutes.
- Making of chicken masala, coconut gravy and the final process.
- Cut the Boneless chicken into small cubes.
- Marinate the chicken cubes with chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chicken masala, pepper powder, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- In a saucepan or cheena chatti /kadai add coconut oil and add fennel seeds and when it releases smell add finely chopped onions, curry leaves and saute until onions are brown and soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until mashed and becomes a paste.
- Add marinated chicken, salt and cook until chicken is done
- Meanwhile in a nonstick pan add coconut oil and add the whole garam masala and saute for a minute or so.
- Add grated coconut and roast it until golden brown. Once its cool grind it into a paste.
- Add the grinded paste and the thin coconut milk to the cooked chicken.
- Add the steamed pidis/ dumplings to it and cook it covered for 3-4 minutes.The masala will be coated well into the dumpling now.
- Finally add the thick coconut milk and when its about to boil turn off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves if you like.