Veg Frankie (Veg Roll) - Lunch Box RecipesToday I am sharing a Potato filled frankie recipe with you. The most popular pick for vegetarians. My husband thinks it tastes quite similar to the one you get on Mumbai streets but with less grease and ignoring the sorrow on his face while mentioning less grease, I take that as a compliment.
As far as I am concerned, I cannot make myself choose a potato frankie when chicken/mutton frankie is listed just below it! So even though I enjoyed this frankie a lot I can never be absolutely sure if it tastes like the ones you get on Mumbai streets. Nevertheless, I can guarantee this would make a great wrap!
Ingredients For Veg Frankie-Veg Roll Recipe
- Atta/Wheat Flour 2 cup
- Ghee 2-3 Tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Cabbage,shreaded 1/2 cup
- Capsicum,chopped 1/2 cup
- Carrot,grated 1/2 cup
- Onion,sliced 1
- Potato,boiled,mashed 1
- Oil/olive oil 2 tbsp
- Red chilly sauce 1 tbsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup 1/4 cup
- zeera 1/2 tsp
- Salt 3/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice 1/2 tbsp
How To Make Vegetable Roll Recipe:-
- Take a bowl,Mix ghee,salt in atta. Make a soft dough with water.Cover it and keep aside.
- Heat oil add zeera let it splutter,then add onion, fry till golden brown.
- Add capsicum and cabbage cover pan with lid , cook for 3-4 min.,Stir it in meanwhile.
- Add carrot, mix well cover with lid, cook for 3-4 min., keep stirring.
- Add potato and chilly sauce,salt,pepper,lemon juice,a spoon of tomato ketchup and mix well. Off the flame. Keep aside the mixture.
- Take a small ball from dough.Roll out then apply ghee and fold it apply some more ghee on one side and fold it, roll out into triangle shaped paratha .Heat tawa roast paratha with ghee/butter(as much required).
- Make all paratha and keep aside.
- Take Paratha apply tomato kechup and put 1-2 spoon of ready filling on one side of paratha and roll tightly.