Tomato Burgers Relish - Tasty Fast FoodI love a good burger. Nothing fancy, just a good burger. My favorite recipe comes from this cookbook of all places. It was a gift from The Husband about 15 years ago, and I keep going back to the same burger recipe time and time again.
1 pint grape tomatoes
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
For burgers --
- 2 slices bread
- about 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef ( I use organic ground beef)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- For the fresh tomato relish, place ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse 10 - 12 times or until the tomatoes and onions are finely chopped but still chunky. Set aside.
- For the burgers, place the bread in a bowl and pour milk over it. After the bread has soaked up as much of the milk as possible, squeeze out the excess. Combine the soaked bread and the remaining burger ingredients in a large bowl. Form into 4 burgers.
- Grill burgers about 3 - 4 minutes per side for medium rare or a little longer if you like your burgers more well done. Serve on buns with a generous spoonful of the tomato relish.