Tasty Orange Glazed Chicken With Toasted Almonds - Non Veg Recipes
"One of my favorite recipes! The combination of paprika and mustard powder really offsets the sweetness of the orange juice. I tend to eyeball when cooking, so if you cook more breasts or use a large pan, make extra sauce to baste with. I'll frequently use extra glaze when baking just so there's plenty to pour over rice once it's done!"Toasting almonds is an easy way to add another taste dimension to your dish. A simple way to toast nuts is in a small pan over the stove. Place the nuts in a pan over medium high heat and stir or shake the pan often so the nuts do not burn. In about 5 - 6 minutes you will smell the toasty almonds that will be lightly browned and ready to enjoy. Remove the almonds from the pan immediately as the hot pan will continue to cook the nuts and they will burn.
The inspiration for this recipe came from the Cuisine at Home Weeknight Menus cookbook which I got as a free gift when I renewed my subscription a couple years ago. I am a cooking magazine junkie and Cuisine at Home magazine is one of my go-to sources for quick dinner recipes for my family and my EAT! A Personal Chef Service clients. The recipes offer impressive results with minimal effort.
By using ingredients you have in your refrigertor and pantry, dinner can be on the table in a flash. Serving a dish that is a little out of the ordinary keeps dinner time interesting and your family will be coming back for more.
For chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 thin orange slices, halved
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Heat a nonstick saute pan to medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the chicken and saute for 3 - 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan over medium high heat, add orange juice, wine and mustard.
- Whisk to combine and reduce liquid by half. Turn heat to low and whisk in the butter.
- Return chicken to pan and add orange slices and heat through.
- Sprinkle with almonds and parsley and serve.