Tasty Crispy Crunchy Granola Cookie - Best Cookie RECIPES
No added sugar. Just oats, almond meal, cranberries, bananas, almonds, coconut, coconut oil, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
These grab-and- go Granola Cookies are perfect for breakfast, an after school snack, or that little something sweet anytime of the day. A dense cookie loaded with all your favorite ingredients in granola, it that fills you up so can make it through that mid afternoon slump. I like to package them in clear cellophane treat bags that are available at most craft stores like Michael's and AC Moore or online from Amazon. That way they are quick to snatch as you head out the door to tackle your day.
Make a double batch because they freeze well, and you will have plenty on hand for the next couple weeks.
makes 12 large cookies
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats)*
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour (I used Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour)*
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes *
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (can substitute grapeseed, peanut oil, or extra virgin olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almond meal/flour, coconut flakes, almonds, cranberries, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the coconut oil. Add to the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Using a large cookie scoop, portion batter into 12 cookies. Using wet hands, form the dough into a cookie shape and place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until set and golden brown on the bottom. Remove to a cooling rack and completely cool.
- Package individually in plastic wrap or clear cellophane treat bags.
- Will stay fresh up to 1 week at room temperature or can be frozen for up to 3 months.