Sweet Pidi Kozhukattai Recipe - South Indian Tamil Recipes
Pidi Kozhukattai is a very easy recipe that you can try for Ganesh Chaturthi.We always make sweet pooranam kozhukattai / mothagam, kara kozhukattai,chana sundal and ellu urundai for ganesh chaturthi.Pidi means 'to hold' in Tamil, we usually keep the kozhukattai dough in our palm, close and press it to give an impression as you can see in step 3 so this is why it is called as pidi kozhukattai.
- Rice Flour - 2 cup
- Jaggery - 1 ½ cup
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- Grated coconut - a little
- Cashew - 5
How to Make Pidi Kozhukattai Recipe
To Prepare Rice Flour:
- Soak raw rice for 1 hr.
- Drain the water completely and spread the damp rice in a cotton towel for 30 mins.
- Now grind the rice to fine pwd in blender.
- Sieve the floor to remove small granules.
- Now boil the rice flour by covering it in a damp cotton towel in idly cooker for 10 mins.
- Allow to cool and sieve well to remove granules.
- Rice flour ready to prepare kozhukattai.
How To Make Kozhukattai
- Melt the powdered jaggery by adding little water.
- Strain to remove any impurities present in it.
- Take this jaggery water in a non stick pan and again bring to boil.
- Reduce the flame and add the rice flour, cardamom pwd, grated cashew, coconut and mix well.
- Stir continuously till it forms thick dough.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Apply little ghee in your palm.
- Make a small lemon size balls out of the dough.
- Keep it in your palm and just press it by your fingers.
- Once all the dough balls are finished to “ Pidikozhukattai “ shape, steam cook it in ghee greased idly plates.
- Allow to steam for 10 to 12 mins.
- Turn off the flame, allow to cool.
- Now delicious Mouthwatering Pidi Kozhukattais are ready to relish…:))