Muffins Cake Crumb - Easy Muffins Recipes
Make a batch of Crumb Cake Muffins this weekend and decide for yourself which part of the muffin you like the best - the crumb or the cake. It is a tough decision, but it will be tasty trying to decide.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 2/3 cups cake flour
- 1 sticks butter, melted
For the muffins--
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour *
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, cut in chunks
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a regular sized muffin pan with muffin papers and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the crumb topping ingredients and stir to combine into large chunks. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add vinegar to half and half and set aside. In a large mixing bowl of a standing mixer, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. With mixer on low, add the butter chunks, one at a time.
- Mix for about 2 - 3 minutes until mixture resembles a coarse crumble. Add eggs, vanilla, and half and half mixture. Beat on medium high speed for about 1 - 2 minutes until smooth.
- Fill muffin papers about 2/3 full and top with a generous amount of the crumb topping. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
- Store at room temperature for 3 - 4 days (if they will last that long ;) .