Tasty Beef Recipes | Succulent Filet in a Field of Greens
The meal fit with our typical dinner eating style; it had something for everyone. My Middle One loved the garlicky rub on the filet while hardly a word was heard from My Oldest as she devoured the filet and mushrooms. I enjoyed the combination of the warm mushrooms with the cool salad greens along with the charred filet.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 8-ounce package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided, or 1 tablespoon minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh thyme
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 cups small grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1/4 cup Wish Bone Italian salad dressing
Meathod - How To Make Succulent Filet in a Field of Greens
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and 1 teaspoon garlic powder or fresh garlic; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove to medium bowl; cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 teaspoons minced garlic and thyme. Press evenly onto beef steaks.
3. Preheat same skillet to medium heat. Add steaks; cook 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145'F) to medium ( 160'F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove steaks from skillet; let stand 5 minutes before carving to ensure juices are not lost during carving.
4. In large bowl, combine salad greens, cooked mushrooms, tomatoes and salad dressing; toss lightly to mix and coat ingredients with dressing.
5. Season steaks with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with salad.
Makes 4 servings. Total recipe time: 20 to 25 minutes.