Fettuccine Alfredo With Bacon Recipe - Light Dinner RecipesFettucine pasta smothered in a creamy Alfredo sauce with bacon, garlic, peas, and onions.
During the busy week, many people usually opt for takeout. I get it! It’s quick, delicious, and it’s almost instant. HOWEVER, there are meals that you can cook for your family for a fraction of the cost that you would spend at a restaurant. ALSO, a lot of these meals can be made in under 30 minutes.I made this delicious pot of fettucine alfredo carbonara for my family.
Ingredients For Fettuccine Alfredo With Bacon Recipe:-
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fresh fettuccine
- 2 slices applewood-smoked bacon, chopped $
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk $
- 2/3 cup (about 2 1/2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How To Make Fettuccine Alfredo With Bacon Recipe :-
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
2. While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings. Add garlic to drippings in pan; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Sprinkle flour over garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly; cook 2 minutes or until bubbly and slightly thick, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Gradually add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in salt and reserved 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Add hot pasta to pan; toss well to combine. Sprinkle with bacon, parsley, and pepper.
Note: When you're short on time and the ingredient list is short, make every ingredient the freshest and best you can find. A real wood-smoked bacon imparts lots of flavor: Applewood is mild and slightly sweet, while hardwood, such as hickory, is more assertive.