Chicken Barbecue Salad - Fat Reduce Recipes
- 1 c French or green lentils, rinsed
- 2½ c water
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
- ¼ c walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1½ pounds), cut into 1" pieces
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- ½ c jarred barbecue sauce
1. PLACE the lentils, water, chipotle chile, and adobo sauce in a rice cooker and set to cook. Or, if you don't have a rice cooker, place the lentils, water, chipotle chile, and adobo sauce in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and cover. Reduce to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until most of the water is gone and the lentils are almost cooked through.
2. ADD the asparagus as soon as the cooker shuts off if you're using the rice cooker, and steam for 5 minutes. If using the saucepan, add the asparagus once most of the water is gone and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until the asparagus is tender. Remove the lentil mixture from the rice cooker or saucepan and place in a bowl, uncovered.
3. PLACE the chicken in a medium bowl and add the walnuts, celery, and barbecue sauce. Stir to coat. Transfer the lentil mixture to a platter and top with the chicken.
NUTRITION (per serving) 401 calories, 34 g protein, 48 g carbohydrates, 11 g fiber, 9 g fat (0 g saturated), 528 mg sodium