Pineapple Cream Cake (Eggless) - Indian Cake Recipes
Light as air and fluffy as cotton, each bite of this heavenly cake is in perfect balance. Since this is actually a sponge cake, one can have it without too much guilt over the calories.
- For vanilla sponge ( I use 200 ml cup)
- Cake flour- 125 g / 1cup
- Caster Sugar – 120gm ( ¾ cup)
- Butter – 50 gm /1/4 cup (melted)
- Eggs – 4 large
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Pineapple extract/ vanilla extract – 11/2 tsp
- Salt – pinch
For sugar syrup
- Sugar - 2 tbs
- Water – ¾ cup
- Pineapple essence – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped pineapple – 200 gm
- Whipping cream – 600 ml
- Icing sugar – 2 tbs
- Pineapple extract – 1 ½ tsp
Making the cake
- Measure cake flour, baking powder, salt in a mixing bowl and keep it aside.
- Beat eggs with sugar and vanilla extract until its thick and trebled in volume for about 5-8 minutes.
- Sieve the dry ingredients from mixing bowl to the egg mixture and fold in gently.
- Add in the cooled melted butter and gently fold in.
- Divide and pour the batter into two 7 inch cake tins and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 10-12 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cut each layer horizontally into two and you will get 4 layers of cake.
Making the sugar syrup
- In a pan add 2 tbs sugar, water and bring it to boil or until sugar is dissolved completely. Add pineapple essence and remove from fire. Let it cool down.
Making the cream
- Beat the cream adding little icing sugar and pineapple extract until soft peaks are formed. Keep it aside.
Assembling the cake
- Once the cake is cool enough take one layer and place it on a cake stand moisten it with sugar syrup. Spread the whipped cream on top followed by finely chopped pineapple pieces. Repeat the same on other layers and decorate it as per your wish. Chill it for some time for the flavours to mingle.