Oats Vegetable Soup - Diabetic Recipes
Soups make great starters or side dishes which are great for health and Oats Vegetable Soup is no exception. Soups are quite easy to prepare. Some people prepare Soup by grinding all the cooked vegetables into a vegetable paste, but here I prepared by chopping the vegetables into small pieces. Chopped vegetables give better taste to the Soup.
Oats soup is one of the most easiest way of getting oats into your daily diet. It is simple to make with very few ingredients and can be served as a healthy meal with a slice of bread or as a satisfying appetizer. This soup is suited for people of all ages and for ailing patients.
- Oats - 1 cup
- Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Green Chilly - 1 (finely chopped)
- Garlic - 1 clove (minced)
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper powder - a pinch
- Water- 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Cilantro - for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions, green chilly and garlic till they begin to sweat.
2. Now add the oats and fry along with it for 2 minutes.
3. Add salt and water and let it come to a boil.
4. Now add the milk and pepper powder to it and bring to a boil.
5. Garnish the rich and creamy oats soup with cilantro or green onions. Serve piping hot with a slice of bread.
- You can add some finely chopped vegetables to the soup like carrots, green peas, etc.
- You can also add a pinch of garam masala or cumin powder to make the soup more flavourful.