Meat Durbari - Non Veg Recipe
The ingredients are given below.
- · 1 kg Leg of Lamb
- · 2" piece Cinnamon
- · 1 tablespoon Mustard Seeds
- · 2 tablespoon Poppy seeds
- · 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- · 1 Bay Leaf
- · 2 - 4 dried Red
- · 4 Cloves
- · 2 Brown Cardamoms
- · 10 Black Peppers
You will also need to make a paste consisting spices and the ingredients for making the paste is given below.
- · 1 big sized Onion
- · 1" ginger
- · 2 fresh green chilies (split lengthwise into halves)
- · 2 tablespoon chopped coriander Leaves
- · 3 - 4 Garlic cloves (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- · 3 tablespoon Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- · 3 tablespoon Wine Vinegar
- · 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- · 175 ml warm water
The paste is prepared by mixing the above ingredient thoroughly in a bowl.
How to Prepare Meat Durbari
- · Trim off excess fat from the meat
- · Cut the meat into 2” cubes
- · Rub or smear the paste (previously prepared) on the meat
- · Marinate it for 4-6 hours or leave it for an overnight inside the refrigerator
- · Make a smooth pulp of garlic by crushing the garlic and salt together
- · Melt Ghee or clarified butter over low flame
- · Add onions and ginger
- · Fry the mixture for over medium flame until onions become soft
- · Add garlic paste (prepared above) and fry further for 2- 3 minutes making sure that the mixture is frequently stirred
- · Add meat and cook with the mixture until all sides of the meat are brown in color
- · Add water to the mixture and allow the mixture to boil
- · Cover and let it simmer until meat gets tender
- · Add the puree, green chilies and coriander leaves
- · Turn the flame to medium and cook for 3-4 minutes by stirring it continuously
- · Remove the pan from the flame.
Now your delicious Meat Durbari is done. You can now serve it hot.