Fried Rice With Mint and Egg - Recipes For Kids
Ingredients you would need to prepare this recipe:
- Boiled rice – 2 cups
- A bunch of mint (pudina) leaves (ground to form a paste)
- Eggs – 2
- Freshly chopped coriander
- A big onion sliced in thin and long pieces
- Five green tomatoes cut into thin long pieces
- Green chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- For Seasoning
- Half a spoon of black pepper (ground)
- Cumin (Jeera)
- Curry Leaves
- Five to six spoons of vegetable oil
Method of Preparation
- To begin with the preparation, start by heating the a pan on medium heat. Add oil on it and then the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start popping, add cumin, curry leaves and ground pepper and fry the mixture or a minute. Then, add the onions, fry for a minute thereafter, add the cut tomatoes and fry for another two minutes. After this is done, add green chilli paste and eggs. How should you add eggs is given here.
- Crack the eggs into the pan (make sure that pieces of the cracked shell doesn't go into the pan) and bet them till it blends well with the tomato and onion pieces. Fry the mixture for two minutes again.
In the meantime, cook the rice in a rice cooker. Then mix the cooked rice with the mixture prepared above and fry for round about five minutes. The dish is now done.
Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve hot. Impress yourself and your guest.