"These oven-baked meatballs are fast and easy to prepare and very kid-friendly. You can serve them with pasta and spaghetti sauce or just eat them with ketchup, as my children do. Feel free to substitute lean ground beef for the ground turkey. The turkey should have at least 7% fat."
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- ¼ cup Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated/powdered Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped Red Onions
- 1 clove minced Garlic
- 1 large Egg
- ½ cup chopped Cilantro leaves
- 1 Tblsp Mint leaves
- 2 tsp crushed Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with hands until properly incorporated.
3. Use a melon baller to scoop out equal sized balls and place them on a baking sheet covered with wax/parchment paper. This makes about 35-40 mini meatballs. Use an icecream scoop or Tablespoon for bigger meatballs.
4. Bake in oven for 13-15 mins. (Do not over-bake)
5. Once cooled transfer to an air-tight container and enjoy!
1. The color of the meatballs may look undone even after baking for 15mins, but that’s just how it’ll look. They won’t form a crust and should not brown (if browned them you’ll end up with tough and chewy meatballs)
2. Spice up the meatballs with garam masala, red chilli flakes or any other spices if you prefer a stronger flavor.
3. The meatballs freeze well. Shape and freeze before baking and bake them when needed.
4. The Parmesan cheese is optional, it just adds a bit more flavor. If you want a more cheesy flavor you can also use mozerella cheese or else omit the cheese all-together and add 1/4 tsp more salt.