Achappam Recipe - Kerala Snack RecipesAchappam is an ideal snack, goes very well with tea or coffee. Learn how to make/prepare Achapam by following this easy recipe.
- 1/2 kg Fine raw rice flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups grated coconut
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Pinch salt
- Oil to fry
How to make Achappam:
- Place the flour in a big mixing bowl.
- Now extract milk from the coconut and add it to the flour.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, one at a time till firm.
- Combine the beaten eggs to the flour mixture along with the sugar, sesame seeds, essence and salt, mix well.
- Take a wok and heat oil in it.
- Place the achappam mould in the very hot oil for a minute.
- Dip three-fourth of the mould into the batter and then, put it in the hot oil.
- The achappam will fall into the oil from the mould and turn it carefully to fry on the other side.
- Once fried, remove it from the flame and drain the excess oil on clean paper towels.