Tasty Mushroom Pulao Recipe
Pulao is a no-brainer for lunch boxes and entertaining. I mean, let's be honest here. It's not very often that you have dishes that look well-rounded, colourful (mostly), and like you put in way more effort than you actually did but a well-made pulao is definitely one of them. While I like to play it safe and add a simple vegetable pulao to my menu when I have guests, it's fun to play around and make something different once in a while which is how this mushroom pulao happened. Always check with your guests if they like mushroom though, I know many people who don't really like the texture of mushrooms.
- 2 cup rice (chawal)
- 3 onion (pyaj)
- 200 gm mushroom
- 200 gm cottage cheese (paneer)
- 2 capsicum (shimla mirch)
- 5-6 cauliflower (phool gobi) pieces
- 4 cloves (laung)
- 2 cinnamon pieces (dalchini)
- 2 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 6 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 2 tsp salt (namak)
How to make mushroom pulao :
- Soak rice for half an hour or so.
- Boil rice in a container until it gets cooked properly and water dries up.
- Finely chop onion.
- Cut paneer cubes.
- Cut cabbage into fine long pieces.
- Cut mushroom into slices.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry paneer until light brown.
- Take them out and keep aside.
- Now fry onion in the pan until it turns pink.
- Then add laung, dalchini, tej patta and mushroom. Fry for few minutes.
- Then add shimla mirch, phool gobi, namak and paneer cubes along with little water. Cook at low flame.
- When vegetables are cooked properly, remove it from the flame.
- Serve them hot.