Quick Pav Bhajee Recipe
A famous street food of Mumbai. Assorted vegetables cooked with masalas and served with pav.
Pav Bhaji consists of thick vegetables in tomato based gravy and Buns buttered on all sides.It is Garnished with lots of coriander leaves,chopped onions and a dash of lime juice.
You will Need(for the Pav)
Few Pav Buns
For the bhaji(serves5-6people)
One tsp of ginger garlic paste
Half a cup boiled Peas
Two tbs of shredded Cauliflower(optional)
Salt to taste
Half a cup Coriander leaves
One tsp of Red Chilli powder
One tbs Pav bhaji masala powder
- Boil the vegetables till mushy.I pressure cooked it for 5 whistles.Boil peas separately.
- For the tomato puree immerse tomatoes in boiling water and switch off the stove.keep it closed.
- After it cools down peel off the skin and mash or puree them.
- Fry onions till brown add tomato puree, ginger garlic paste and fry for few more minutes till the raw smell goes.Add the rest of the vegetables mash it up(it is very important) with a masher.Mix well with tomato and onion mixture.Add chilli powder,salt and pav bhaji masala,fry for few minutes and garnish with coriander leaves.
- you can add finely cut capsicum and cauliflower while cooking.
- Slice the pav bun into two and toast them with butter and serve along with the bhaji.