EASY PARSI DAL RECIPES
The delicious Parsi Dal is an easy to cook dal dish, which is marked with garlic. Learn how to make/prepare Parsi Dal by following this easy recipe.
- Preparation Time 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time 15 Minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- Recipe Type Veg.
- Serves 3
- 1 cup Split Red Lentil (Masoor Dal)
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 2 chopped Green Chilli (Hari mirch)
- 2 flakes Garlic (Lasan / Lahsun) (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 1 tbsp chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Salt to taste
How to make Parsi Dal:
- Wash the dal and put it in the pressure cooker, along with 2 cups water. Add turmeric powder to it and let it cook.
- When the dal gets prepared, remove from heat, pour it in a bowl and mash it using the wooden spoon.
- Take a saucepan and heat the ghee in it. When it gets hot, add cumin seeds to it and once they start crackling, add garlic, salt and green chilies to it.
- Fry them for a minute and pour dal in the pan.
- Turn the knob on low flame (simmer) and add water to it, if needed, so that it has a consistency that is similar to sambhar.
- Cook dal for 2 minutes and remove from the flame. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.