Mutton Pulao RecipeFlavorful rice cooked in very tasty, delicious mutton stock. Its aroma is unbeatable when this pulao is ready! Very easy, nice and simple variation for regular Mutton Biryani but tastes equally yummy!!!
Preparation time : 20 mts
Cooking time : 45 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1 lb Mutton cut in to big pieces
- 1 cup long grain Basmati Rice
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 3 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Fennel Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Whole Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 big Onion sliced
- Salt to taste
- 6 Green Chillies
- Wash mutton well and cut in to big pieces. Add ginger garlic paste in to a bowl, turmeric powder, fennel powder, lemon juice, mint leaves, whole garam masala, coriander leaves, mix well, add mutton pieces in to it, mix well, cover and marinate for 3 hours.
- Add marinated mutton in to pressure cooker, then add green chillies, salt to taste, 2 cups water and cook until 4 whistles.
- Once mutton is partially cooked separate mutton from stock.
- Wash and soak rice in enough water for 30 mts.
- Heat up oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, whole spices, fennel seeds, sliced onion and saute till onion gets light golden color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Add mutton pieces, green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves, mix, now add soaked water, mix well.
- Now add mutton stock, salt to taste, mix well, cover and cook on high heat for 5 mts.
- After 5 mts reduce gas heat to as low as possible and cook for another 5 mts on medium heat.
- Afer 5 mts reduce gas heat to as low as possible and cook for another 10 mts.
- After 10 mts turn off the gas heat and wait for another 10 mts to open cover.
- Serve with raita, salad or pickle!
- Cooking time for each pressure cooker differs so try to cook mutton using your own judgement.
- You can also cook mutton separately in any pan for 30 mts.