SUJI HALWA RECIPE
1/4 cup suji (semolina)
4 tsp sugar
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp green cardomom powder (elaichi)
5 - 6 kishmish (raisins)
1 -2 soaked and chopped almonds
How to make oil free suji ka halwa :
- Take a heavy bottom kadai and add suji to it.
- With the flame on low, stir suji continously till slightly brown in color and a mild sweet aroma is released.
- When the suji is about to get brown swtich off the flame but keep stirring the suji till it acquires a uniform light brown color.
- This whole process takes up to 10 mins.
- In a separate pan boil the water with sugar and raisins. Keep aside
- Now switch on the flame and add water-sugar syrup. Lower the flame and let suji cook till the mixture gets thick. Keep stirring continously.
- Then add the cardomom powder. Mix well.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and serve hot.