Patta gobhi mattar is made using cabbage and peas.This is an everyday peas sabzi can be served with chapatis or paraths. Learn how to make Indian cabbage and peas.
· 1 small cabbage (450gms) (patta gobhi) chopped
· 1 small sized onion (sliced thinly)
· 1/2 cup green peas (matar)
· 1-2 green chillies (chopped)
· 1/4 tsp garam masala
· 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
· 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
· 1/2 tsp coriander powder
· 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
· salt to taste
· Cooking Oil
How to make indian cabbage and peas:
· Heat oil in a wok or kadai.Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
· Then add sliced onions and fry till golden brown.
· Now add green chillies and cabbage.Mix well.
· Now add all the powdered spices and salt.Mix well.
· Cover it and cook for 3-4 minutes.Add the peas and cook till all the water evaporates and cabbage is cooked.
· Serve hot with chapatis.