How to make Tofu Pasta
Pasta - 1/2 lb (You may use any pasta of your choice. I've used whole wheat rotini)
Extra Firm Tofu - 7 oz (cut into small cubes)
Chopped Garlic - 1/2 tsp
Onion Powder - 1 tsp (or slice a small piece of onion and use that instead)
Bell Pepper - 1/2 (sliced)
Broccoli Florets - 1/4 cup
Carrots (chopped) - 1/4 cup
Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
Chilly Garlic Sauce - 2 tsp (or to taste)
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Sesame Oil - 2 tbsp
Sesame Seeds (toasted) - 1 tbsp (optional, for garnish)
Serves : 2-3
2. Pat dry the tofu with a paper towel and cut it into small cubes.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan/wok and add the tofu cubes. Fry on medium high heat stirring occasionally till it dries up and all the sides are browned. This takes about 10-15 minutes depending on the moisture content.
4. Once the tofu becomes crispy and brown, move the tofu to the sides, make a well in between and proceed.
5. Add an additional1 tbsp of oil and add the chopped garlic and onion powder.
6. After a minute add the rest of the veggies in quick succession - broccoli, bell peppers, carrots.
7. Increase the heat and stir fry for couple of minutes.
8. Mix in the lemon juice, soy sauce and the chilly garlic sauce. You may also use store bought pasta sauce instead.
9. Finally toss in the pasta. Make sure the sauce coats the pasta nicely. Check for salt and other seasonings. If you like the pasta more spicy, add 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder or red pepper flakes.
10. Switch off and serve. You may top it with toasted sesame seeds to add a crunch to the dish.